Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weight Watchers Walk-it Challenge

This morning at 9 am over two hundred Weight Watcher members met at Fairmont Park for our "unorganized and unofficial" 5K. For the past several weeks, the "Momentum Walk-it Challenge" has been a topic and a push from the entire organization.
Across the world, WW members walked today! The 5:30 pm Wednesday night group is a bit rowdy, but wonderful. We decided to wear pink! This is about 1/3 of our group before starting the 5K.
Wendy's goal was to finish strong and she did it! I've loved getting to know her over the past few months as she's kicked some weight loss butt!

I walked the first 5K with Wendy and her husband Jay.
Jeanie is another member who makes me laugh throughout the entire meeting each week.
I get to be their "kid" and I love every minute of it :)
Donna is our meeting leader and the best one there is in the organization. Her meetings are packed each week (we have 65 members in ONE meeting) because she is amazing.
This picture is after the first 5K.
A few more people joined us at 11 for the second 5K; a few of us decided to do it again!
This is the 11 am 5K group.Riverside is hot. Especially after walking 6.2 miles. I was hot, thus the face.
The second 5K I walked my normal speed and it took 47 minutes.
I know a 15 minute mile is nothing to brag about, but I am proud of myself. Reese was tired. She walked all 6.2 miles of it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment