Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Packing

Packing: Tuesday, Dec 16, 2008

I knew I had a lot of crap, but I had no idea that I had THIS much crap! I started packing durning Thanksgiving break and got a bunch of the rarely used items into boxes. This weekend I packed up the majority of the kitchen... tonight I packed most of the bathrooms (minus Dave's stuff, I have no idea what is what).

I have been massively organizing and purging (throwing away and making boxes of garage sale items) throughout the process. It is kind of liberating to just "throw it away" and it REALLY makes me want to keep life simple and purge constantly. Because I just moved down stairs when we got married, I did not purge then and we've added even more in the past two years.

I have been labeling every box in two ways. Each box has a color-coded label with the room (typed) along with an itemized list of what is inside the box written in marker. I don't particularly want to unpack the boxes to find one thing so hopefully my labeling system will come in handy.

I decided to take the morning off tomorrow in order to get the rest of the house finished. My principal approved a "personal business day" at the last minute because he could tell I was pretty stessed this afternoon).


Tomorrow's Goal:

  • Finish packing kitchen
  • Go through my three closets worth of clothes and seperate them into 1) too big (garage sale), 2) summer (boxes), 3) winter (wardobe boxes)
  • Finish packing office supplies
  • Motivate Dave to work on his stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment