Monday, December 29, 2008

Work has begun

What have I gotten myself into?!?: Monday, Dec 29, 2008

I asked myself that question several times today as I vacuumed, scrubbed, and cleaned the DISGUSTING, bug-poop infested kitchen cabinets. I have never been so purely disgusted in my entire life; cleaning them was the worst thing I can think of... YUCK!!

Now that most of the bug remains are gone, I've feeling better about the situation, but not completely pleased. Tomorrow I will be filling the holes with wood putty (from where I took the cabinet doors off), sanding them down, and painting a primer and top coat on all surfaces. I will not put ANYTHING into or on them until it's done.

Dave worked hard on the bathroom and got the demo complete! I painted the guest bedroom the beautiful color, "Satin Lace" (aka baby pink so light it is almost white). My dad got here today and helped clean the garage for tomorrow's prep work.

Tomorrow:
Dave: put handi-backer into the bathroom (sort of like drywall but used to keep moisture out), replace piping and install shower valve, begin tiling
Dad: build wall of shelves in garage, teach me how to fill holes, sand, and paint cabinets, TSP (super-duper cleaning chemical) living room
Jennifer: be everyones' assistant and most importantly kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment