Thursday, January 1, 2009

First day (of many) of Tears

Sad Day: Thursday, Jan 1, 2009
Today was an awful day. I cried. I cried a lot. I am so overwhelmed by the amount of bug remains that are all over the entire house. I just couldn't handle it anymore. Poor Dad and Dave didn't know what to do with me. What did I get myself into...



As you can see behind me, the gross kitchen floor is gone and the "backsplash" is gone. Dad and I pushed ourself to the brink of death to get the sticky tiles off the floor last night. I was feeling ambitious and began ripping the ugly laminate that was glued to the wall. Dave got the rest of it off after Dad and I went home to go to bed.

I was feeling so overwhelmed that I decided that I needed to go to Target. I walked through the store and decided that I should buy curtains for my new bedroom. Having an image in my head make it easier to find what I was looking for... I just had to decide how much I was willing to spend. After buying other items we needed I headed back to the house. After closing the door to the bedroom, I took off my shoes and got to work making the room look "done." It was fun and I felt SO much better. Curtains and contact paper :) (And, yes, the room is pink).

No comments:

Post a Comment