Friday, January 9, 2009

A look back...

I used my old weight loss blog to document the house-buying and original moving in almost a year ago, and that blog is about to be removed so I thought that I'd move a few of the "good ones" over to here. Should I put them with the original dates? Or current?

My first shower: Friday, Jan 9, 2009
This morning I bathed in the new house for the first time since we moved in last Saturday. Between my dad scrubbing and riding it of bugs and Dave's plumbing repairs, the back "master" shower is useable. I've been making the one mile trek back to our empty apartment to shower every night, but this morning, I woke up and turned on the water in my house! I have wonderful, bouncy hair instead of frizzy, cowlick hair!

The funny part of it (that I can't forget a year from now): It took almost ten minutes to get hot water and the room was FREEZING because it has no insulation in the walls or ceiling and there is a airleak around the new door that Dave hasn't finished yet. Once in the shower, I curled my body under the water and tried to be a quick as possible--the air around me was frigid! After I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in my towel, I literally ran to my bed, dove under the down blanket, and took about five minutes to warm myself up. Dave told me it served me right for begging for a shower for a week, but made me hot apple cider at the same time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment