Thursday, May 6, 2010

Next Year

I cannot believe it, but it is time to start planning for the next school year. I saw on a teacher's board today that we have 22 days of school left...

Although I'm exhaused and ready for a break, it doesn't seem like the end of the year is here already. Testing is over, but is wasn't a big deal here for the entire school so it didn't seem that major to me. I've started my "last" unit, but I've hardly covered the pacing guide this semester (Romeo and Juliet sideswiped my energy).

Maybe because there is no yearbook party to plan, no frantic last minute people to sell to, or excitement of a finish book arriving in the mail, and no overjoyed and exhaused yearbook students to "play" with...

Anyway, reguardless of how ready I feel for this year to be over, it is now time for me to fill out my teaching "wish list." Selfishly, I've written down that I only WANT to teach ninth grade Intro to Lit (again), have the SFS cluster (special ed kiddos in mainstream English classes), and yearbook (I can dream right?!).

I have left the SELA spot blank... I have until tomorrow to decide what I am going to put. If I put that I want/would be willing to teach it, I will have the class for sure. We've been pretty successful this year, but those kids are SO much work!

What should I do?

(not that I will have a say...)

No comments:

Post a Comment