Sunday, August 8, 2010

Week 5

Just spent the last full week on a cruise with my parents and family friends without spilling the beans--super proud of myself! Although the flipside of that is that it doesn't quite seem real that there is a tiny baby growing inside of me.

For my sake and the fact that I am not talking to anyone about this yet (and Dave doesn't really have a desire to hear everything), here is what's going on with my body:

I LOOK:
exactly the same, minus the tired eyes from being unable to sleep soundly

I FEEL:
strange all the time--when I have to go to the bathroom, I have to go NOW or I get pretty intense cramps. I have random strange girgles coming from my lower stomach. Tired doesn't even cover the exhaustion. My contacts never seem to be clear and the world looks a bit blurry in them (perfectly fine in my glasses). Thankfully, I have had very little nausea and the little I did have was because I ate breakfast too late.

I CRAVE:
bread--any type. On the cruise that translated into a lot of sour dough rolls and several toasted plain bagels for breakfast.

I THINK:
sleep is good and I should be able to sleep well in my own bed tonight.

I HOPE:
my head cold goes away on its own
this baby keeps growing healthy in my tummy
that during next week's appointment we can see and hear the baby

DOCs SAY:
no medicine (that actually works) for this cold... grrr

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed you made it through the cruise without telling anyone. I thought for sure that must have been when you let your parents know! I hope that when the time comes we'll be able to keep a secret too!

    ReplyDelete