Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Wednesday Sisters

Attemping the impossible, I've been trying to read just a little before I go to bed each night. Originally, I wanted to dream about something other than school and sleep better because of it, but then it kept coming back to the fact that I really just like to read.

I picked up a low-key book at Costco that wasn't super exciting and didn't appear to have any of my addicting book qualities (British Lit themed, love stories, suspenseful, etc). I picked up The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton. It is a book of friendship, love of literature, and writing.

This week, I succeeded in reading before I went to bed. Although the goal was 30 minutes, I never read that little, but I was able to stop myself around an hour of reading. With time today, I finished it. It causes tears and laughter--a good overall book that makes me miss my friends; it also made me very greatful that we still are able to have "girl's night" regularly (4.5 years later it is still happening).

No comments:

Post a Comment