Thursday, May 7, 2009

Anger and Tears

Why is it that a woman's anger is typically followed by tears? We talked about crying in class on Tuesday and more than half of the class said that they wouldn't be caught dead crying in front of other people. Now, I'd love to say that I was able to stop myself from crying, but that just doesn't happen.

I was (and still am) so angry that at lunch today, I cried in front of ten people. I don't feel weaker, I doubt anyone in the room thought of me as weaker...

What do you think of crying in the workplace?

2 comments:

  1. I feel when the anger is that bad the only thing to do is cry. Now I have only cried once at work which was my first year, but that was hard for me to do also. But you know me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to cry at work. But if I get really frustrated or angry, it happens to me too. Fortunately it hasn't happened more than a couple times (I can't even think of any examples - good sign!). Sorry you had a hard day. Looking forward to seeing you :)

    ReplyDelete