Friday, May 8, 2009

God's reassurance

I started the day by writing on Facebook that today was going to be a good, powerful day because I was going to concentrate on my wonderful kids. Yesterday's anger is still there and will probably continue to be there, but my kiddos are the important part and they are the real reason I'm a teacher and at this school. Concentrating on them reminds me that my overarching goal is to be a light for them in the darkness.

With that renewed spirit, I came to school without a dred in the pit of my stomach and without worry of running into my principal. I went on with my business with a smile (real and fake) and got ready for the day to begin.

Right before the bell rang one of my yearbook students dropped by this note:

Mrs. Pfeffer,

You have made CMS worth being there every day for Maddie. Thank you for inspiring her and thank you for being an important person in her life.

Love,
Sandy and Larry (Maddie's parents)

Tears came to my eyes as I thanked God for reassuring me that I am doing the right thing here and that I will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment