Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Solutions

Stess has pretty much consumed my life. I joke about it, but it's pretty serious when my hair is falling out in chunks, my eye won't stop twitching, I developed a nasty cold in the middle of May, and I go from being extremely tired to wide awake at 3:30 in the morning. I dread going to work in the morning because of the potential conflicts and drama that may arise because of members of my administration.

All that said...

I believe that I took a very proactive step to eliminate some of the unnecessary stress in my life. Today, I turned in a transfer form with my principal's signature to HR to request a move in position. This position change will mean a change in schools and a change in curriculum I'm teaching, but most importantly, it will mean that I will work at a place where I don't feel like I have to watch my back every moment, second guessing everything I say.

As I mentioned before, my department was going to have an "involuntary" transfer where someone was going to HAVE to move. This works out well for me; I will become this involuntary, and as such I am required to be placed in a position somewhere in the district. It isn't final and 100% yet, but I look forward to becoming an Arlington Lion for the 09-10 school year.

At this point, this move is overwhelming in many ways and joyful in many ways. Thank you all for your prayers this morning; I felt like I walked into the meeting with my principal with God's hands wrapped around me and He was in control of the meeting.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have some sort of a resolution. I know it isn't ideal, but you'll be fine I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete