Saturday, May 23, 2009

New Project

I had a plan for a new project. This weekend, while Dave finishes (hopefully) the bathroom, I wanted to build the brick planter that will attach to the garage. I started by laying out my plan and figuring out all of the supplies that I need. My goal is to go to Home Depot ONE time for this project.After my plan was finished, I went outside to start digging my foundation for the three layers of brick wall. Reese came to help.I dug and dug, shoveling rocks out of the area and onto the concrete. I was sweating... yuck... There was about three inches worth of rocks that had to be moved... My online, do-it-yourself research told me that I didn't need a concrete base, but Dave says that I do. He knows what he's talking about, but the bummer is that my project is on hold because I need him to help me cut 2X4s into a concrete mold... and then it has to set up for 4-6 days. No finished product for me; Dave must keep working on the bathroom :)
After my hard work, the area looks like this and is ready for a wood frame and a poured concrete base. The indents you see are were the wall will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment