Saturday, June 20, 2009

Giving Credit



With Fathers' Day right around the corner, I thought I'd give my dad credit for something very special to me. I love my dad and he is amazing in so many ways; he taught me to love a good story and to read that good story with gusto. He also taught me that 100 pages is the "end" of a book and you can't stop/talk/eat or do anything else within the last 100 pages. My love of reading came from my dad! He reads constantly and read to me every single night before bed.

As I was tidying up the house today, I came to a startling realization--I have novels in almost every room of my house. The only rooms I left off were the bathrooms and kitchen (can't count the cookbooks)!
With summer here, I really look forward to reading! I've already finished three books: A Bride with a Bargin by Deanna Gist and Remember Me? and Undomesticated Goddess by Sophie Kinsella.
Mom's Note: I think I would like credit for the 100 pages statement....that was me!!! Since I have "watched" you all read in my house...and not do anything while reading....I decided that instead of yelling at you guys to "make your beds!" "brush your teeth!" or even "just get dressed!!" That I would give MYSELF a break and declare the "100 Page Rule."

YES...your mother came up with the Rule....to save myself from the frustration that living in a household of Readers!! I made the Rule for my sanity!!
Thus...when the statement is Declared....I get to do NOTHING (mommy is not around) until you all finish your books!!

No comments:

Post a Comment