Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Home Cookin': Breakfast and Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Breakfast was the topic of this weeks WW meeting and I've been attempting to break out of my normal breakfast--cereal with Almond Breeze. So far I've made an Egg Beaters omlet, Egg white McMuffin, and this parfait type breakfast. It looks like a lot of food, and it is really filling for a very minor three points (cereal and milk is 4 pts). I put it in a bowl the first time I made it, but you couldn't tell what everything was in the picture.
  • 1/2 Light and Fit Vanilla yogurt
  • 2 oz fresh raspberries
  • 5 oz fresh strawberries
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Crunch cereal
This beauty is one of my favorites--BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich! Typically, I'd order this at a BBQ place and guess the point range 15-25 points. I've adapted a WW reciepe into this (I've made it several times) which is 1 point per oz. In the picture, the serving is 5 oz and the bun was 3 points. Total, this meal cost me 8 points.
  • 1-1 1/5 pound pork roast with limited fat
  • 3 cups of BBQ Sauce of your choice
  • 4 cups of water
  • chopped onions

Instructions:

  • Add pork roast into crock pot
  • Cover with 2 cups BBQ Sauce
  • Add water and onions to sides (allow top of roast to be coated in sauce)
  • Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours
  • Flip roast over half way through cooking time
  • After cooking, take roast out of crock pot (it should be falling apart) and shred into large bowl. Make sure to remove all extra fat to keep point value low.
  • Add remaining cup of BBQ sauce and stir
  • Serve on Hamburger bun/roll of choice and add BBQ sauce if needed individually

No comments:

Post a Comment