Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cookie Baking, Day 2

Day two started after church on Sunday and was going to be much calmer.

Our goal?
  1. Roll out, cut, decorate sugar cookies
  2. Finish containers

We started with a clean kitchen (thanks to our cleaning skills Saturday evening), spread flour out onto two different areas and began rolling and cutting. The dough was in the frig overnight so it was super hard. Dave had to use his mighty man strength to get it out of the mixing bowl for us. It was the best rolling out experience even! We used lots of sprinkles to make beautiful cookies!With the time, we decorated some pretty cute cookies (if I do say so myself) with details! They are a far cry from the sugar cookies I made with my mom when we were little (although I'm sure my mom wanted our cookies to look like these).

After we finished decorating and while the rest of the cookies baked, we filled our plastic containers (3 for $3 at walmart) with each kind of cookie. Each container found itself full of 18 cookies. We wrapped up the cookies for Tawni and Desiree to come and take home :)
Look at all those...
Like my makeshift table?!? This is why I've requested a folding table for christmas! My wonderful husband created this table, there is nothing like a piece of plywood on sawhorses.
After recleaning the kitchen and loading up Robyn's cookies and KitchenAid mixer, I reflected on the fun that we had while we baked and the laughter we shared.
Thanks Robyn for two days of fun! I'd love to say that we'll do it next year, but I don't think your four month old will appreciate the 12 hours away from you. Maybe on a small scale?

No comments:

Post a Comment