Friday, December 11, 2009

Scary or flattering?

My students seem to have desire to find the "real" me outside of school.

Yesterday, a kid in third period asked me if I had a Facebook. After I responded in the affirmative, another kid chimmed in, "Yeah, I knew you did, I saw it on google." Hmm... okay.

Today, a kid in third period (totally unrelated friend-wise to yesterday's kid) walks in, sits down and tells me, "I found a picture of you on google images." I nodded, unsure how to respond as he continued, "I was looking for you."

Is this scary? or should I interpret their searching as flattering?

I did my own search on google and google images; after four pages of search results, there I am. A old facebook profile picture of Melissa and I.

2 comments:

  1. I know it's funny, but I google myself on a regular basis just to know what's out there. I think it's probably not too strange that your kids are looking for you. Let's just assume it's flattering :)

    ReplyDelete