Thursday, February 4, 2010

Who would have thought...

that my SELA could create this in less than twenty minutes... T-chart graphic organizer (brainstorming completed too, but I forgot to take a picture of it before I erased it)
First part of our body paragraph with a topic sentence, star idea and two descriptive sentences (those of you who are trained on Step Up to Writing, you may notice the symbols are the same, but the colors are off, this is because I used the colors pre-Step-up and I didn't want to change the colors after my training).

The end of our body paragraph with another star idea, two more descriptive sentences and our conclusing sentence.

This is a HUGE accomplishment for this class! Not only are they finally understanding the idea of a paragraph (which we've been working on since day one of school), but they were able to take the complicated concept of writer's style and discuss it with academic vocabulary! This paragraph is as close to grade level as we've gotten all year long!

No comments:

Post a Comment