Sunday, December 26, 2010

26 Weeks

I LOOK: Pregnant? A bit "fluffy" (should avoid unwanted google searches with that word) and thanks to a tumble out of my parents RV, a bit swollen on the left ankle and foot. All else is pretty normal and standard. I still have an innie belly button (which seems to be an accomplishment per thebump.com), great hair, and stellar nails.
When I'm sitting down, I REALLY look pregnant thanks to Baby pushing up on and out on everything!
  • Total Weight Gain: +24--I wish I could say that I've been paying more attention and being more careful, but I haven't. Somehow the scale has decided to stay in the same place for the past two weeks. Thankfully.
  • Maternity Clothes: Got a bunch of new things for Christmas to wear and have decided that I MUST go by maternity underwear this upcoming week. This will be the last update with his category, because, come on, DUH!

I FEEL: Again, thanks to the tumble out of the RV, I feel like an old woman! My ankle is causing me to limp a bit and without the ability to take Motrin to relieve some of the swelling, I'm going to have to wait for it to heal itself. I'm pretty sure all the "pain" I'm experiencing has nothing to do with pregnancy.

  • Baby Movements: Baby has started to get on a more regular schedule of moving. The most active part of the day in at night when I lay down. On Christmas eve, he treated Dave and I to acrobatics as he did somersaults. Not only could you feel him kicking high, then to the side, and then low, but you could see him pushing against me with his head or bottom. It was pretty cool. He also moves about thirty minutes after I eat a meal, but those are little kicks and twitches.
  • Weird Pregnancy Symptom/Event: Last week as Melissa, Dave, and I sat down to eat pizza and crazy bread, Baby kicked me so hard in the bladder that a bit of pee leaked out. Everything else thought that it was hilarious and I had to mention it! I also have a permanent runny nose.

I CRAVE: food. All the time. Doesn't matter what it is... I'm ALWAYS hungry.

I THINK: we're very lucky to have wonderful friends and family. Between the amazing deal we got on baby "stuff" from my friend/hairdresser and the Christmas presents we were given for baby, we have made a significant head start on the baby "need/want" list. More posts on this to come!Although there is NO place to put it in my house, we have it and I feel less stress over it. I've also scheduled our "baby prep" classes for the month of January, so we'll be thinking pretty hard as we learn all the things BABY!

I HOPE/I'M EXCITED: that he has a NAME!!!! Dave and I have agreed to name our little boy Andrew Blake. Andrew has been on of my favorite names since I was a little girl (all of my baby dolls were named Andrew) and Blake is one of Dave's favorites. The "B" in Blake is also a nod to the Bennett clan :) We will call him Drew for short. Read my blog here to remember the "debate."

  • Andrew is a Biblical name, coming from Greek, meaning "manly" or "of valor." Andrew was the brother of Simon Peter and was a fisherman too (John 1:25-42). In the book of John, it tells that Andrew was constantly bringing people to Jesus, starting with his brother. During the sermon at the Sea of Galilee, it was Andrew who brought the boy with five barley loaves and two fish to Jesus which Jesus then multiplied into enough food to feed the 5,000. Andrew also brought the Gentiles to Jesus during the Passover Feast because he understood that Jesus came not only to save Israel, but everyone on the earth.
Doc's SAY: no doctor's visit in the past two weeks; however, when we get back from Bakersfield I have to go do my second glucose test to check from diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment