Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Day Church and Bennetts: Recap 4 of 5

After opening presents and naps for Andrew and Daddy, we headed to Faith Fellowship in La Palma (my dad's church).  Last year while Dad preached his Christmas message, we teased him that he's have an eight month old goofing off during his sermon this year.  While Andrew wasn't bad, he did do his fair share of moving around and spitting.  Everyone around us was paying attention and smiling at him, so I don't think anyone minded.
 After church classic pictures
(I'm pretty sure there is one of these from every year of my life)

 The steps going up to the platform were just too much fun for him not to climb.
After church, we went back to my parents' house.  While Andrew took his nap, we ate a yummy meal of ham, potatoes, and salad made my by mom.  After changing into our PJs and listening to Melissa read the true Christmas story from Luke 2:1-20, we opened presents!
 Andrew helped everyone open presents and got into everything!

 After awhile, we got tired of chasing him around so we strapped him into my parents chair top high chair.  It worked out wonderfully.  He ate puffs as we opened presents one at a time and enjoyed ourselves. 
 Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Melissa spoiled Andrew!
 Grandma made Andrew bigger hooded towels!
 Among other things, Aunt Melissa bought Andrew a crawl-through tunnel.  This is, by far, his favorite thing to play with.  I will eventually be able to get a stinkin' hilarious video of his laughing as he crawls in and around it, but I keep forgetting.
 My parents got Andrew a ride/push Little Tikes car.  He loves being pushed on it and has tried to walk with it, but it moves a bit too fast for him at this point.  I'm sure in the upcoming weeks, he'll get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment