Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Eve with our little Family: Recap 2 of 5

After our long day with my mom's family, we came home to start a new tradition.  So far in our marriage, we have pretty much done what my family did as our 'traditions' at Christmas, but I was thinking that it would be nice to start some of our own.  I'm sure in years to come it will matter more because Andrew will actually know what's going on, but I wanted to start at least one thing new this year.  We decided that on Christmas Eve after our long day that we'd open a few presents from people that we weren't going to see on Christmas.  I had several presents for Andrew from people at work, his secret Santa, and his aunts in Oklahoma. 
 We moved the couch away from the front of the tree, I quickly put up a few of the plastic (shatterproof) balls I'd bought, and Dave introduced Andrew to the tree.  I sat back and enjoyed his curiosity.
 Andrew opened a few packages, which he LOVED.
 He played with a few of his new toys.


Andrew headed off to bed a bit later than normal (9:15 pm). 
Santa came and filled our stockings and left Andrew a nice present to open first thing in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment