Saturday, April 4, 2009

Introduction

I've begun the bonding process between the bunnies and doggie. This cool website seems to have a lot of ideas (dogmeetsbunny.blogspot.com) and after carefully reading everything I could find, I'm willing to make the effort. Right now, the bunnies are allowed in the living room and the doggie is allowed everywhere BUT the living room. Reese doesn't like it and it makes it difficult to spend time with the bunnies because the dog doesn't understand why we are in there without her.

Anyway--they've been looking at each other through the babygate for the past two weeks. Tonight, I look Reese into the living room with a very tight leash. She wasn't really allowed to move as the bunnies jumped around her. Darcy wasn't shy--he came directly us to her and smelled her nose several times. Reese was excellent, she didn't whine, jump, or scare the bunnies.
We'll continue this for awhile--not that you care, but I'll keep you posted :)


Here's the goal (minus the fact that my bunny is BIGGER than my dog)


No comments:

Post a Comment