Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Stressful morning

This morning was stressful.

Overwhelmingly stressful.

It was totally and completely my fault too.


First--Last night I stayed up way too late. After school yesterday I went and received my "salt glow" as part of my spa treatment (more on that later), then went to Target and Walmart, and ended up at home about 7 pm. Desiree came over and we worked on our two assignments for tonight's class. While we were working, Melissa called and then came over with two of her friends to celebrate finishing all her undergrad work (woo hoo, Melissa!!). She came over while Des and I finished our papers. Dave got home at 9:15 and started working away on the bathroom. Everyone left about 10:30 pm and I cleaned the bathroom (tupperware party is Wednesday).

Second--today is the first day of CST testing and I volunteered to coordinate and execute the purchasing snacks for multiple teachers. This morning I got to school at 7 am, hauled cereal for 200 kids for 6 days into my classroom and set it all up for the teachers to come pick it up from the hallway.

Third--I scheduled my parent yearbook camp meeting for this morning at 7:45. I guess when I scheduled it I didn't think about testing, tupperware, Mel's graduation, or anything else, because man, it couldn't be worse timing on my behalf. I have seven parents, my yearbook students, and a few siblings for the 30 minute talk about camp, rules, fundraising and money. The tupperware rep that is running our fundraiser was here and discussed how great of a fundraiser it really is (they get 40% of the sales) and how much money they have the potential for raising. The parents were eager, willing, and wonderful. They left shortly before 8:30.

Fourth--8:30 brought nervous students into my room for the first CST test of the year. We start with Math, so students were extra nervous. I went over some of the basic rules (all of which they already know), passed out cereal snacks and water cups. It is stressful to make sure you're following all the rules because breaking them means tests are invalid.

Overall my students handled the tests well and I had two hours to relax a little from the morning of stress. I'm writing this as they finish 36 basic algebra questions and stress about their little futures. Can I just say that I HATE these tests and the pressure that is put on the kids to do well!! Although that is an entire issue all together.

The week will continue to be busy.
  • Tuesday night: Class
  • Wednesday night: Tupperware party (you're still invited)
  • Thursday night: prepare for all of my entire family to be here
  • Friday day: 1/2 sub for Melissa's pinning, entire family gets here
  • Saturday: Melissa graduates and her party follows

No comments:

Post a Comment