Thursday, March 11, 2010

CAHSEE class

They need some credit.

These twelve students (up from eight) have been nothing but a pure joy for the past five weeks. I've been incredibly honest with them that I am not sure what I'm "supposed" to be doing and no one else seems to know. I've also made it perfectly clear that I hate worksheets and I refuse to give them out just "because," yet that is what everyone is telling me to do.

Even though it has been made perfectly clear that I don't really know what it going on, they haven't given me grief. They haven't complained, they haven't tried to take advantage of me because I'm confused.

That, my dear friends, is pretty significant in my world of teaching.

Not only are they behaved wonderfully, they WANT to do better in school and on the actual CAHSEE test. There is a internal motivation that is unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment