Friday, March 19, 2010

Deja Vu


This morning I experienced a bit of Deja Vu--the experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously--as I rode up the elevator and walked into the lobby at Scripps Memorial Hospital, La Jolla.
April 30, 2007, I rode up the same elevator and walked into the same doors and into the same lobby.
I thank God that today I walked in with my dad next to me instead of already waiting for me in Cardiac ICU. I also thank God that today his angiogram resulted in being told that he was "heart healthy" and needed no "intervention" instead of in 2007 when he came out with five stents placed in his heart to keep it beating properly.
In 2007, I was on my third day of my weight loss journey. The Cardiac ICU nurse looked directly at me that day and told me, "you know you'll be next if you don't lose weight."
Today, I walked in 89 pounds thinner at my goal weight. Woo hoo. Thank God that it was just deja vu and not a repeat the the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment