Monday, November 15, 2010

Training...

Today (actually right now) and tomorrow I'm sitting in a Read 180 training from 3-6:30 pm. I'd love to say that this is a good thing, but I've taught all day. I'm tired. I'm hungry. I'm really over thinking about school...
Normally these trainings would be held during the day, our sub would be called and paid $110 ($220 total) per day and I'd get a day to actually process the information without a shot brain, tired feet, and aching back.

HOWEVER, we're in a budget crisis... so instead I get paid $32.10 an hour to sit here and want to go home. (And no, we do not get paid our hourly rate for this, but instead the staff development rate). Overall, my time will cost $192.60. The district is saving $27.40.

That is unless a laid off elementary school teacher happens, by chance, to decide to sub one of our classes--then they'd get paid their daily rate...

No comments:

Post a Comment