Monday, November 23, 2009

Craft Project (take two)

Rachel found this cute craft online and showed it to me (she wanted to make it for me) and I stole the idea! I started with metal cookie cutters. There were harder to find that I thought; JoAnns Craft Store had a set of 40 for $14.99 with mini and regular size cookie cutters.
  1. Arrange the cookie cutters into a circle (which I think was the hardest part).
  2. Use the hot glue gun to glue the pieces together.
  3. Cut wired ribbon in about 3 inch pieces (non-wired ribbon doesn't look as good, tried that first).
  4. Tie each cookie cutter together with the wired ribbon and fluff the ends.
  5. Glue a mini jingle bell to each tie.
  6. For the top hanging hook, tie a piece of ribbon in a loop and cut the remainer of the ribbon so it looks like the ties from the cookie cutters.
  7. Tie a regular bow, with short ends, and glue on top of the hanging loop.
  8. Glue three jingle bells on top of the bow.
  9. Hang up :)
Here is zoomed in version of hanging loop, bow, and jingle bells!
The ties will help the wreath stay together.
This is the mini-wreath I made first (I'm pretty sure I'll be redoing it tomorrow).

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried Sur La Table in Dos Lagos? (Corona) they have cookie cutters for 1 dollar each- such cute ones too!

    I may steal this ideas as it is so cute!

    Allison Dean

    ReplyDelete