Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Classic-Pumpkin Pie

Although it is Thanksgiving, and typically we overeat to the extreme on this day, I wanted to share my favorite (WW) trick for the day.

One Point Pumpkin Pie!

I love pumpkin pie--so much so that I can't just eat one slice. Regular pumpkin pie is 9 points for an 1/8th of a slice. These beauties are 8 points for the WHOLE THING!! Or 1 point per slice.

Here you go (this is for one, I always double it so that I can eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner):
  • 15 oz can of pumpkin
  • 12 oz can of non-fat evaporated milk
  • 3/4 cup egg substitute (egg beaters) or 3 egg whites
  • 1/2 tsp salt (don't leave it out, it helps set up the pie)
  • 3 tsp pumpkin spice
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2/3 cup Splenda

Combine all of the above and beat until smooth. Pour into a Pam sprayed 9" pie pan. Bake at 400 degrees fro 15 minutes, then lower temperature to 325 and bake for an additional 45 minutes. Make sure knife put into center comes out clean. (There is no crust)

No comments:

Post a Comment