Wednesday, April 6, 2011

40 weeks, 3 days

I'm still pregnant.


Yes, all of you who are waiting and anxious and excited, I know.


I want him here too.
Yesterday, my midwife checked me again and I am still 3 cm, 50% effaced and Drew is still at -2 station. Same place he was at 38 weeks and 39 weeks. No changes to this body. She did send me to have a non-stress test (NST) to make sure that everything was "happy" with the baby and it was. He was content and sleeping at the beginning of the test, but after some apple juice he showed the proper accelerations and decelerations with movement. My blood pressure checked out great. The fluid around him is in high quantities (the RN prepared me that if my water did break there would be A LOT coming out). In the 42 minutes I was hooked up to the monitors, it read one mild contraction. When she was checking out the fluid, she commented that by the size of his head, we had "one big baby boy." Everyone has lots of different things that I should do to induce labor naturally and we're doing them. I've been walking and walking, eating spicy food, BBQ sauce and even lemon drop cupcakes (a la Melissa), bouncing on my giant ball, and all the other "tricks" that are suppose to work. If Andrew decides not to come on his own, I will have to wait until April 13th (one week from today) in the afternoon before my midwife will start the inducing process. Although I begged yesterday, she was pretty firm. Her words, "Jennifer, he is doing fine in there, there is no stress on him and obviously he isn't ready to come out." I go back to see her on Monday the 11th.

1 comment:

  1. YaH! I'm proud of your midwife. I learned so much at my birthing class, some of it being that if they baby is doing fine, then there's really no reason to induce, even though it can be hard at the end (exactly where you are), when you really just want 'em out! ahaha. But it's nice that you have someone who is thoughtful about that, cause it seems like most doctors are the ones encouraging inducing.

    ReplyDelete