Thursday, May 5, 2011

He's Growing!

Yesterday, Andrew and I went to Kaiser for his first well baby check-up (3 weeks, 4 days old). Thankfully the appointment went better than the waiting room. The doctor checked him out, reviewed all the NICU information with me and followed up with the NICU issues (which were all now non-existent) and gave him a wonderful report that everything is super healthy. All of my first-time-mommy fears were put to rest as I asked my silly questions about congestion, knees clicking, and pealing. They did not assign Andrew to the pedi that I requested, but I really liked Dr. Ghebriel who he saw (I'm going to continue with him for now).

My almost one month old baby is growing fast! I'm not sure why this surprised me so much, but it did!

Here are his new stats:
Length: 21.5 inches, 58 percentile (born at 20.5, grew one inch)
Weight: 8 lbs, 14.9 ounces, 24 percentile (born at 7 lbs, 5 oz, gained 1 lbs, 9.9 oz)
Head Circumference: 15.5 inches, 84 percentile (born at 13.5, grew 2 inches)

No comments:

Post a Comment