Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Des, my friend

The picture thing is too much fun so I'm going to pick what I want to show you!

This is my friend Desiree. We met in October of 2005 when we were both brand new teachers and interns in the CSUSB program. The intern seminar class was at 4 pm on Mondays--we all rushed to school, ate together, and shared the stress of first year teaching and going to school four nights a week. Des teaches eighth grade math in a different district. Over the past four years, we've spent between one to four nights a week together in class (3:30-9:50 pm). At one point, we spent more time together than we spent with any person (including my husband!). We have purposely scheduled every class together, car pool together, eat dinner together, and TALK!! Most of our professors don't know who is who because we're always together. This quarter we only spend one night together so we've been spending extra nights watching movies, Grey's and TALKING!!

This picture is from our desert trip over Halloween weekend. Des and I read most of the time, but this is when we actually got on the quads :)

No comments:

Post a Comment