Sunday, February 22, 2009

Salad

I don't like salad. To me, lettuce has always been a filler. I like the stuff that goes on top of the lettuce. When I started Weight Watchers, I made a deal with myself that first week. My deal was that I wasn't going to do "this" with salad. I wasn't going to be one of "those" people who switches from yummy, flavor-filled food to lettuce with fat-free dressing. That concept/promise worked well for the first eighty pounds. It truly did--the only time I ate salad was when I was at resturants that I didn't know the points or when it was masking as something else (ie: taco salads).

I've been spending some significant amount of time mulling over my issues as to why I've maintained my weight since June (man, that is 8 months!) even though I have forty-five pounds left to lose. I know without a doubt that part of it is laziness in counting, a lack of "newness" that causes me to eat without recording and measuring everything.

The other thing that I've realized is that it is probably time to change some of the things that I eat. When I had 33 points per day, I could pretty much eat anything. Now that I have 26, I need to limit myself. It doesn't seem like that big of a difference, but 7 points is the equalivant of 420 calories and 14 grams of fat!

I've gotten off my topic--the whole point of this blog was to say that I'm going to eat salad this week. I've prepared myself to eat more than lettuce. I got fat-free feta crumbles, craisens, pre-cooked (but frozen) chicken strips at Trader Joes today and decided to make myself some very low-fat, but tasty croutons. I'm ready to go for the week...


No comments:

Post a Comment