Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Laundry Baskets and Honesty

I have SEVEN laundry baskets in every part of the house that clothes are removed from... the bedroom, the master bedroom (currently the extended closet and box room), the sink room, the bathroom... some rooms even have multiple baskets.

Simple question... why is my husband unable to put his dirty clothes into one of them?!?

To complicate matters, his clean clothes join the dirty clothes on the floor because he dug through a box of clothes and didn't put them back in the box or hang them up.

I should be a "good" wife and dig through the piles, pick up the dirty ones and sort those into laundry piles, do the laundy and put it all way for him. I should also probably be the "good" wife and hang up all his clean clothes that are all over the floor. But the bottom line is that I'm not a "good" wife and it makes me extremely angry that his clothes are all over the house. I've gone over several options of how to dispose of the piles, none that I've come up with will give me a positive title in front of wife... I've tried "ignoring" for the past five weeks. I've tried "asking" for thepast one week. I've tried "pleading" and in Dave's words "nagging" for the past two days.

Tonight... I'm deciding between "stuffing" where all clothes go back into the boxes, clean or dirty I don't care... or "sorting" where I put everything that looks dirty into a laundry basket and everything that looks clean into a box. Stuffing seems much more pleasing... but sorting would be nicer.

(Yes, I know this post was probably out of line, but frankly, I don't care... call me a b***h, maybe I am)

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on this. Jesse is doing better about the clothes, but the rest of the things he's agreed to do around the house still aren't getting done. I can't figure out the best way to deal with it either. Nagging certainly doesn't work and ignoring it hasn't done a thing. I think I need to sit Jesse down for a conversation where we talk about responsibility. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

    I don't think this makes you a bad wife though. You work full time and go to school. There's no reason you should have to do all the work around the house as well. If you were a housewife that would be a different story.

    ReplyDelete