Thursday, February 17, 2011

Best kids ever

I haven't blogged about school in forever (which I'm sure that no one is complaining about--they are probably pretty boring), but today it struck me that I because I haven't blogged about school, I haven't bragged about my kiddos either.

This year, I have the best English classes I have had in all of my years of teaching. Period 1 and 4 are the best parts of my day.
  • They are kind and sweet; they ask about baby Andrew daily and show actual concern when something appears to be wrong.
  • They are respectful; I have given less ten minute detentions to correct mini-issues than any other years because I just give them a look and they stop. I haven't needed to call a significant amount of parents, nor gotten anywhere close to writing a referral
  • They are responsible (or at least pretend to be); there is no whining, complaining, or excuses. They do their work (or don't) and generally have very little issues doing it on time.

I feel kinda bad that these amazing, kind, sweet, respectful, and responsible kids aren't getting the best teacher (in me) that they could have because of pregnancy, but at the same time I know that they classes are a GIANT blessing from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment