Tuesday, January 12, 2010

best at

best: (noun) a person's highest degree of competence, inspiration, etc.

After spending a few minutes (more than 4), I've come to the conclusion that I am not the best at anything in particular. Instead, I'm pretty good at a few things and really bad at a lot of things. A jack of all trades, a humanities-woman, etc.

I was never great at a particular subject or "gifted" in one area over another in school; picking a favorite subject was hard, I liked them all. In college, I didn't really do anything hard instead I did a lot of different things (Student Governement, Campus Activities, Yearbook, Newspaper, several clubs, etc).

English is not particularly something that I love (although I do teach it with passion), although I love getting into stories and characters.

Three days later from when I started this post: I guess I do have one thing that I am the best at... I am (in my limited world knowledge) best at middle school yearbook advising? I'd like to say that I'm good at it at all levels, but the CBU experiment doesn't really count and I've never advised at high school level. That also brings me to a point of saddness this year--I greatly miss my yearbook class and the creative outlet that yearbook gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment