Saturday, January 9, 2010

Support

Best: (noun) someone or something that is the best.

Ecouraging friends are the best.

Not only have my friends been supportive of my weight loss, they've joined in. Nicole, from Oregon, is onboard with Biggest Loser and we're going to be email support for each other. Nicole and I met when we were Brownies at Rios Elementry School, spent time together at sixth grade camp when I transfered to Blossom Valley, but really became friends during seventh grade. In first period, Miss Halpin's Honors English class, we shared the scary moments as first time junior highers. That year we battled mean eighth graders and stood up to stupid boys :) She has been my best friend for over fifteen years! Tomorrow is her birthday!

Tawni has also decided to compete in her own Biggest Loser competition at church and at her school. Yesterday, we walked ourselves up Mount Rubidoux. It is a pretty good hike up and down, but it is on a paved road, so there is no danger of me tripping :) Tawni and I met our freshman year of college in the dorms. She lived down the hall on the "naked wing" and I knew from our first conversation that she is easily one of the nicest people I've ever met. We got really close when we lived in Lancer Arms together, planned her wedding, and grew into adults together. I am so glad that the Websters live in Riverside because I get to see them! It has been nine years!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for wonderful friends like you! Glad Tawni is on board with some nice exercise. I'm jealous I can't come walking with you guys.

    ReplyDelete