Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday's Best

Best: (noun) ones' finest clothing

Church has changed in the 2000's. It is now okay to wear holey jeans and sweatshirts to church. Kids think that dressing up means that they are clean. I completely understand that churches want the atmostsphere to feel less imtimidating and more welcoming, but it makes me a bit sad to see people clearly not in the Sunday's best when I walk into church.

Now dressing up for church isn't about showing off or making myself better than someone else, but instead to show that I care and that I am preparing myself to worship God with fellow believers.

When I was little, dressing up for church was about my mom. Lace, frilly dresses, tights, matching shoes, purses, and the few hats were pretty much torture for me. I didn't understand why then...

No comments:

Post a Comment